Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Glittery Pumpkins

I got the idea for this next craft from Mess For Less, but she found the idea here. I had leftover orange paper plates from our Halloween party, and my center always has plenty of glitter. So I set out the plates with glue bottles and told the kids they could make any kind of face they wanted. They just used the glue bottle like a marker.
I also set out bowls of green and silver glitter and put spoons in them to make it easier for the kids to sprinkle it on the glue.
I let them sit like this for an hour or so before shaking the glitter off. I didn't want the glue to run and ruin their adorable faces! Then I used a hole punch to make a hole in the top of the plate and used a green pipe cleaner to make a stem. I decided to form it into a loop so they could be hung up.
They turned out so cute!
Another thing we made yesterday was gourd ghosts. A two-year-old teacher brought in a whole box of finger gourds for all the kids in the center. So I cleaned them and had each kid pick one. Then I set out black paint and some brushes and the kids painted ghost faces on them.
It was so simple. If I had more time, I would have had the kids paint them white first, but it was Halloween and we just didn't have time for that. But I think these look just fine, don't you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute and easy!

Betsy said...

Wow, that was a fast comment! My post had only been up a few minutes. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Love the glittery pumpkins! What a simple, fun craft! I'll definitely be planning on that one for next year.