Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Grinch Craft

I love reading How the Grinch Stole Christmas to my class every year, so this year I searched for a craft to go with it. I found one here that inspired me. I drew everything freehand. A Grinch head:
A santa hat:
Two eyes:
And a big smile:
I had the kids do all of the cutting! This was great. I was so proud of them. It was a lot of cutting, but they stuck with it. I reminded them that the Grinch is kind of scruffy, so it didn't matter if they followed the lines exactly. I love how they turned out, with each one being unique. After cutting, they glued the pieces together.
They used a marker to draw in the eyes and a nose. And then I gave them cotton balls to glue onto the hat. They stretched them out along the rim and used a full one on the tip.
Each one is different, and so stinkin' cute!


I could have left them like that, but I used the idea from my inspiration and asked the kids what they could do to make the Grinch grin. I wrote their answers inside the mouth.
And because they kind of looked like muppets to me, I made sure to write "Mr. Grinch" on the wall next to the display.

**Linking up to The Imagination Tree!**

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These look like so much fun! We love the Grinch at our house.