Monday, April 16, 2012

Earth Hearts

So I noticed as I wrote the title of this post that all you have to do is move the H in heart from the front to the back and you have Earth. Cool!
I wasn't planning on blogging about today's art project because it was just coloring, but when the kids finished their art a few of them asked, "Don't you want to take a picture of it?" So of course I did! I got the earth-heart idea from A Cupcake for the Teacher. I was just planning on having them color an earth and then cut a heart out of it, but then I found this awesome coloring sheet:
I love how it looks almost 3D. (You can find it here.) I went through my box of 120 crayons and took out all the blue and green ones. There were so many, and each one had a different name!
I encouraged the kids to use several colors to make their earths. Each one turned out unique!




Then I used stencils to make "We {heart} Earth!"
It was a great start to our Earth Day unit!

No comments: