Monday, April 9, 2012

Handprint Bunnies

I saw this really cute craft at Mama's Little Muse and just had to try it out with my class. I changed it just a tiny bit, though. During drop-off in the morning, I called my kids over one at a time and they tore green paper and glued it to either blue or yellow paper to make grass. (I only used yellow because I ran out of blue!) I trimmed them with a scissors when necessary. Then I painted their index and middle fingers and their thumb on each hand to make prints.

Now here's where I changed it a bit. Our theme this week is Furry Friends so I wanted to make the bunnies look furry and fluffy. I remembered something I saw on I Heart Crafty Things, where they used a pom pom attached to a clothespin as a brush. So I did just that. During art time, the kids dipped the pom pom into white paint and made a head and body for the bunnies.

When the paint was dry, the kids used markers to add faces!
They turned out so cute!! I can't wait to hang them up in our room!





**Linking up to TGIF!**

No comments: