Thursday, April 19, 2012

Litterbugs

I saw this Litterbug museum at First Grader...at Last! and the critters were so cute! I knew we had to try something similar during our Earth Day/Recycling unit. So I asked the kids to bring in recyclable items from home. Then I set out pipe cleaners, wiggle eyes, glue dots and scrap paper. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of the making of these little litterbugs, but I was so busy helping the kids! I had my glue gun on hand for any hard-to-glue parts. The kids did a great job! We have some adorable creatures:






The kids were so proud of their litterbugs! In past years I've asked for recyclable items during my robot unit and the entire class would build a giant robot. Again, I have no pictures of the building process, but when it was done I covered the whole thing in aluminum foil and the kids posed for a picture. This was last year's robot:


(Sorry about the picture quality, but this was pre-blog so I was really only taking the picture for my own archive.) We kept "him" in our room for a couple weeks, then hauled the entire thing to the recycling bin. The kids loved it!

**Linking up to Weekly Kid's Co-op and Sharing Saturday!**

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Love these and I love the variety the kids came up with! I pinned this to the Kid's Co-op Board!

OneMommy said...

Those turned out so cute!!

MiaB said...

Your bugs are just too cute :) Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday. Hope to see you again this weekend.

Crystal Underwood said...

I am finding your lovely blog via The Kids Co-Op! These litterbugs are SO CUTE! I am featuring them this week on my Kids Co-Op post. Drop by and check it out later today :)