Saturday, July 21, 2012

Gold Medals

I'm really bummed because I forgot to take a picture of our finished gold medals. I'm hoping one of the kids forgot to take it home yesterday and it will still be in his or her cubby on Monday so I can get a picture. But for now you'll have to use your imagination. First I cut out circles from a cereal box. Then I sprinkled some gold glitter onto a plate.
The kids used slightly watered-down glue to paint one side of the circle. (We painted the side with pictures).
Then they plopped it into the glitter.
After the first few kids, we just sprinkled the glitter on top of the circle because their fingers got less messy this way. Then we let them dry.
In the afternoon, I attached red or blue crepe paper to the circle so they could wear their gold medals proudly around their necks! If I end up getting a picture, I'll be sure to add it to this post. We also had our award ceremonies for our mini-Olympics and I will share all that info with you next week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice shiny metals. I'm always worried with glitter but its just fun to do too. Love for you to link up with us @costours.blogspot.com

Michelle O said...

What a fun craft!