Sunday, November 22, 2015

Button Turkey

What do you get when you take a handprint turkey and add some buttons? This cutie:
I knew the buttons I bought for my fall tree would come in handy. I had to pick through them to find the small ones so they'd fit in the fingers of my daughter's handprint. First I traced it with a pencil then went over it with markers. I also added a beak and feet.
Then my daughter helped me squeeze glue on the fingers. We worked on one finger at a time, matching the colors.

For the body, we again covered it in glue first.
I found a dark brown square button, so she put that in the middle to look like a wing. Then she filled in the rest.
I added a wiggle eye and that was it!
Great fine motor practice and color-matching activity!

For more Thanksgiving fun, check out these free printables you can use to dress up your dining table at FoodPackagingLabels.net!

No comments: